In the last 20 years, something astonishing has happened within the Western church: we began to re-embrace the forgotten ways of 'church-as-missional-movement.' As people engaged with the Bible, books, conferences, blogs, podcasts and everyday conversations, the Holy Spirit has led people back to the Biblical, but seemingly forgotten principles of the way of Jesus and his church. And as people did this...they started trying things. Like everything that's new, most of what they tried didn't work! But you know what? Some of it did.
Over time, different churches, networks and organizations developed some really core expertise in the various components of movemental, missional DNA. In fact, some of it began to look like the movement we all feel like the church is meant to be. But almost all of the time, these things were happening separately and independently from what other people were learning. No one person, one church or one organization had all the pieces or the complete puzzle.
What the Western church needs is 'proof of concept' that church-as-movement can be the future of the Church. The idea has been widely accepted, but we all need to see and look at. We need something we can show, learn from and build on.
For us...we are looking for 100 champion churches. We are looking for churches already movement ready and at the tipping point.
So what is 100M?
Our mission is to find these champion churches, invest in future champions who need equipping to be movement ready, and then walk with them as they live into church-as-movement.
Here's what's unique about 100M
You will never hear us say we have the answer to everything or that we are always the expert. We aren't! But here are a few things we have some expertise in:
- Proprietary Process:
- We have developed a proprietary process called the "Scenius System" that allows us to create a uniquely designed path for churches tipping towards movement. It's different for each church and our process is built for that.
- To see movement, you need a paradigm-shift from what our Western church construct looks like. We are able to walk with churches and leaders to ensure this happens.
- Practitioners from around the world:
- When our team works with a church, we bring in the best practitioner experts from all over the world, and join with them to help churches build whatever God is calling them to. You don't just get 100M. You get the best, practical learning that's out there, in one, simple process.
- Movement Tools:
- Movement needs to work in theory and in practice. Our design team has built tools for movement, that can work in any and every context. In addition, we help churches build tools for movement that are unique to their ministry context and convictions. They'll be home-grown and unique.
- Our Team:
- Everyone on our team has hands-on experience with movement. Some might lean more towards theory, while others might lean more towards practice. But every member is fluent in the 6 components of missional movement (mDNA).
- Our Resources & Training
- For leaders and churches not quite ready for the all-in process, we are sharing all the practical things we are learning through unique resources and training that can prepare and equip you towards church-as-movement.